About Herdy Campervans
Herdy Campervans are built on a VW T30 highline short wheel base 2.0 TDI and can safely seat / sleep up to 4 people. They have a pop top roof with panoranic canvas which is a breeze to operate. The main bed is of the “RIB Altair” type with the second Reimo bed being housed in the elevating roof.
Each van can be powered either by electric hook-up (if available on the site you’re visiting), or from the heavy duty leisure battery which is continuously topped up by a roof solar panel. The van has two 240 amp sockets and built in USB charging points and the cosy heating system, which runs efficiently from the van’s fuel supply, will keep you toasty all year round.
Inside you will find a built-in pod which houses the gas burner, sink, refrigerator with compact freezer and storage cupboards. Neatly hidden in the van’s door, there’s a folding table for use inside or out, with 2 chairs tucked away in the tail gate storage bag.
The vans have been kitted out with everything you should need to enjoy your holiday so travel light … just bring your bedding (unless you want to check out our hire options) and personal effects.
Please note that we are unable to accommodate pets and operate a non-smoking policy in the vans. (See our other campervan hire policies)
Herdy Campervans are built to the following high specification whether you choose one of the 2 manual vans or opt for automatic.
- Power steering
- Media navigation system
- DAB digital radio
- Bluetooth / hands free
- Climatic air-conditioning
- Rear parking sensor
- Hi-beam assist
- Tracker system
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Solar roof panel
- Thule wind out awning
- VW cycle rack (up to 4 bikes)
- Thermostatically controlled heating
- Swivel cab seats
- Table and 2 chairs
- Reimo roof with panoramic canvas
- Reimo roof bed and mattress
- RIB Altair rear seat bed
- LED lights
- 13a power hook up
- USB charging points
- 2 burner gas hob
- Fridge with compact freezer
Full week – Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday
Long weekend – Friday to Monday
Mid-week Break- Monday to Friday
Please note, we operate a minimum 7 night booking policy during school holidays
Herdy Campervans Headquarters
Cumbria LA6 1PB
Anytime between 3pm – 6pm
Please remember to allow up to an hour when collecting your Herdy Campervan to carry out the necessary documentation checks and to show you around the vehicle.
Herdy Campervan Headquarters
Anytime between 8am – 10am
£120 per night (no hidden extras, no seasonal increases … just one flat rate price!)
When booking more than 28 days (4 weeks) in advance of hire, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. The balance will be collected 28 days prior to hire date. If booking within 28 days of the hire date, payment will be taken in full.
The price includes:
- Hire of your Herdy Campervan and all accessories
- Parking for 1 vehicle at Herdy Campervans headquarters (please note, this is at your own risk)
- Unlimited mileage
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Full breakdown cover
- Bottled gas (for hot water/Cadac BBQ)
- European travel pack (if required)
- Camping and Caravanning Club Privilidge Scheme membership
Duvalay Bedding System £25 per person, per hire
- Luxury duvet, pillow and topper combination – ideal for lower bed
- Use one for a single or two as a double
- 10.5 cosy tog rating
- Polycotton cover with microfibre filling
- Compact for minimal storage
Sleeping Bag £15 per person, per hire
- Perfect for use on the top bed mattress
- Compact sleeping bag with easy to compress bag and pillow
- Suitable for all seasons
- Roomy adult size
- Polyester shell and lining with soft, warm texture inside
- Lightweight / waterproof
- Fast drying / non-allergenic
Pop up tent £20 per hire
- Perfect for use as an outside toilet, a changing room, or extra storage
- Simple to put up and take down
Porta Loo £20 per hire
- Perfect toilet solution if wild camping, or simply needing more convenient facilities
- Thetford Porta Potti 365 (can be used in conjunction with pop-up tent)
- Flushing water system
- 21L waste holding tank (should last 2 adults approximately 3 days before needing emptying)
- Comfortable and hygienic
- Neat carry bag for easy storage / transportation
- Toilet care products / toilet paper included
A security deposit of £750 will be taken at time of van collection. This covers;
- The insurance excess of £500 in the event of a claim
- Any damages
- Any penalty charges
- Late return fee (£50.00 per hour)
- Fuel refill charge (cost of fuel, plus £20 collection fee)
- Valet fee (£100)
- Lost keys
The deposit will be returned in full within 7 working days of the van being returned on time, to the correct location , undamaged, with a clean interior, a full tank of fuel and all fixtures and fittings in good condition. Should it be necessary to make any deductions, we will let you know and provide an invoice.
Booking deposits / payments are non-refundable. Refunds will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Herdy Campervans Limited.
In the event that the hire vehicle is unavailable for reasons beyond the control of Herdy Campervans, such as the vehicle has been damaged in an accident or is undergoing urgent mechanical repairs, then Herdy Campervans will endeavour to find a replacement option, offer alternative hire dates, or provide a full refund.
We strongly recommend that customers take out their own travel insurance to cover such eventualities and any personal belongings taken with them.